Sunday, September 19, 2010

The rest of Day #11




We got a late start today. We slept until 8:30. We drove from Buffalo, WY to Rapid City, SD where we stopped at the health food store. I was craving Gluten Free Cereal. Then we drove from Rapid City, SD to Sioux Falls, SD. We drove past Mt. Rushmore and the Badlands National park. I got glutenized sometime on Day #10 so I didn't have the energy for either stop.
I think it was some egg salad from the Co-op in Bozeman. Unfortunately for me, any food prepared in kitchens that are not gluten free are risky.

When I get contaminated it's like having the flu. At first, I feel nauseous for a couple of hours, and my stomach hurts and I have a terrible headache. Then, as time passes I start to feel better. I am usually a little under the weather for about three days. I am feeling much better today.

We did stop at a 1800 town right off the highway. Man was that fun. It was a whole town set up again. They had wagons, trains, a jail, loads of historical stuff, about the wild west. There were two highlights. My highlight was a caboose you could get in and check out. Meg and I decided we would love a house out of two cabooses.

The other highlight was a camel. Yes, a real camel. There were long horn cows, donkeys, and horses too, but the camel stole the show. The hay food truck pulled up and the camel did the cutest dance I have ever seen. The camel pranced all around, it was amazing cute. I am sure I have never seen an animal so fired up to eat.

Then it was back in the car to haul ass, to get to Sioux Falls, for the LSU - Mississippi State game. We called a friend and asked them to look up a sports bar.

So we got a nice room (just barely got the room as the whole town is booked for the Spirit of the West Festival) & were off to the Sports Bar for the game.

Then we came back to the room and turned in early. We are planning on sleeping in and having a lazy Sunday. (& by lazy I mean only driving 4 and a half hours) Des Moines tomorrow night, then Iowa City on Monday! Almost Wedding Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment