Monday, August 23, 2010

researching how to have fun road trip.


Well, as you can see it's been a while since I updated the blog. I have been so busy working I haven't had much time for anything else, besides, my awesome partner Meg, the young man we mentor, Antonio and the king cat of the world Mambo the cat.

The last year as been a rough one. The Oil Spill, a cancelled at the last minute family wedding, the death of a friend's husband, an bout with e-coli, the love of my life being really in pain for weeks and the doctor's could not figure it. You know, that kind of stuff... but I tend to be an optimist. I will likely remember this year, as the Saints won the superbowl, or we decided to go to the 2012 olympics, or 2010 is the year Antonio got into boarding school (we hope this one happens, please cross your fingers, pray, chant, whatever, we will take it) or decided to take an epic "researching fun" road trip with Meg.

Which leads into why I decide to update this blog, about this topic. I believe everyone would be more successful if they followed their heart, and did what they like everyday. It is sort of the Asheville way.

So I am going to document that philosophy in our road trip. For three weeks, on the road, in mostly unfamiliar places, I am going to document how if you following your heart, happiness will follow. If you are happy, you will find success, in life, in love, in business.

We leave September 8th. Our first stop is St. Louis.

So far, we have a new atlas, a new backpack (for computer, cameras, ipods, etc.), and I am working on a menu. I have celiac disease (a gluten allergy, for those of you who have never heard about celiac). I will be documenting how to travel gluten free in addition to having fun.

Alright peeps, happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment