Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Epic Birthday Trip Part II

Day #4 was a pretty lazy day. we walked all around the tiny town of and did a little hike outside the edge of the town. We rented "the Iron Lady" and did a whole lot of nothing.



Then Day #5 was my birthday. Wow. What a super day. We hiked up a trail right at the edge of town. with the most amazing view of the Crested Butte valley and Mount Crested Butte! It was chilly and sunny with some really beautiful clouds. The photos say it all.

After the amazing hike, we headed into town and picked up some gluten free crusts from a local pizza place called the Brick Oven. We went back to the house to make some pizza. As I started prepping for lunch, it started to snow. I would not have believed it was the same day, if I hadn't been there to witness it myself. The pizza I made had some smoked mozzarella, fresh basil and tomato sauce. I made a spinach salad with red peppers and olives stuffed sun dried tomatoes with olive oil and olive juice dressing. I figure having salad meant I could have all the pizza I wanted, right? After our late lunch we watched a movie. Then after the movie it started to clear up and we took a little snowy walk. Yes, this is the same day. It was unbelievable to watch the storm move in and then move back out. It's one of the prettiest things I have ever seen.

The house photo at the bottom is where we stayed for the week. Can you say amazing? The lady who loaned us the house is very generous. We are so grateful, as this trip was one of the top five vacations I have had. Year 38 is really off to an amazing start & I couldn't be happier. My next post is about our time in LEADVILLE, CO. Can you say Victorian goodness overload? Stay Tuned!




No comments:

Post a Comment