Monday, December 20, 2010

Happy Holidays? whoa, slow down 2010, I am not quite ready for 2011



Man, have I been busy. I just can't seem to figure out where the days go. I have been working on a few different things. A holiday card, a business card design for roost interiors, a pro-bono project for the annual art fundraiser for open doors of Asheville, stickers for Early Girl Eatery's edibles line, & my new website!

My new website is in the midst of being programmed and I am working on writing copy and pulling together all of the work I want to use in the portfolio section. It has been really fun to look back over the last year of my work.

I have been doing a lot of personal work this year and it really helped my professional work. Thank you Al-non, somatic therapy, and a long daily walk/run with Meg. My mantra for the year, was acceptance. Wow, what amazing things can happen when you accept what is. So, I ended up with a lot of happy clients and successful projects.

My personal life is also super busy. We are still working away on getting Antonio into boarding school. He continues to amaze me. He is making daily process & he is so open to discussing his reservations about leaving home next fall. We are talking through each issue. Antonio cares so much about his family, and us.

We are down to two schools. Rabun Gap is one and St. Stanislaus in Mississippi is the other. I might look into other schools again in January just to be sure we didn't miss anything. They both are a good fit for him, for different reasons.

At Rabun Gap he will have access to music and the arts like never before….along with a great education and all the help he needs to be successful there.

St. Stanislaus is also a good fit… the education is a good solid catholic education, along with some amazing sports experience. Stanislaus often wins state championships in all sorts of sports. Antonio would have access to all any sport he would like to play here. Antonio's main goals is a college scholarship, so this is a top runner for all involved!

Otherwise, things are going well around here. The christmas decorations are up. We celebrated the holidays with my family (our North Carolina family). Meg & I had a lovely lunch at Homegrown with my mom, dad, and older sister yesterday. It was good to spend some time with them.

Christmas this year will be little in the gift department and super big in the love & blessings department. That is just what I wanted for 2010.

There are some BIG changes being planned for 2011. Stay Tuned!!

Happy Holidays everybody! blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment