Thursday, October 14, 2010

gratitude & happiness go together like birds of a feather.

It's a really beautiful day in Asheville today, so I am feeling extra happy and grateful for my wonderful life here. I decided a good blog post for the day, was a "what makes my family happy list".

This is the most fun I had writing a blog post yet. I recommend making a "happy family list" for your peeps too. It's good to refer back to on those more difficult, less happy days.

So my family is Meg, my partner of almost 8 years. Antonio, the 14 year old amazing young man we mentor, and Mambo, the 14 year old cat. Hey, what can I say, 1996 was a good year for us, our favorite boys were born. We just didn't know them at first. With our boys, our family feels complete, happy, awesome, & almost always crazy busy. I am blessed.

Here is the master list of what makes my family happy, every day, all the time.

Meg & her happiness include:
1. Sleeping as long as needed daily
2. soy lattes in bed, made by hand, with love, by alisa, daily.
3. kisses, by alisa, antonio and a list of other chosen cutie pies.
4. Spending time with our family, chillin'

Antonio & his happiness include:
1. Playing sports, any sport, any time, with friends
2. Hanging out with friends, doing something new!
3. Skipping rocks at the creek
4. Spending time with our family, chillin'

Alisa & her happiness include:
1. A nice long walk, somewhere pretty
2. Fancy P.J.s
3. Gluten Free Corn Dogs & Tater Tots
4. Spending time with our family, chillin'

Mambo & his happiness include:
1. Real fried chicken treats!
2. A nice long nap
3. A nice long nap, on my one of my moms or Antonio
4. Spending time with our family, chillin'

I see a theme emerging here, fall and family time go together so nicely.





No comments:

Post a Comment